Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Amazing Story Part 1

I'm a little bored and had nothing to do. Of course, there's my work not to add the Kwentong Kalye which needs focus as I still have to think about what would be the next part of that series. But I'm feeling a little sentimental at this very minute so I'm gonna write about a story which I have only heard from a friend a long time ago. And this friend of mine had read it from an old Reader's Digest so perhaps one of you might have read it too. It's actually not a story but rather more of an everyday life trivia question.

The question went like this:

One stormy night, you are driving along an almost deserted road. Up ahead, you can already make out 3 figures of people taking shelter in a road shed. As you came nearer, the three people were already waving their hands for you to make a stop so that they can ask for a hitch. You stopped and was temporarily confused since you're just driving a 2 seater car. Who will you choose to ride next to you?

a. The Old lady who was at that time having a heart attack and needs to be driven to the nearest hospital immediately?

Or...

b. Your bestfriend who saved your life once... Admit it or not, if not for this bestfriend, you would have died a long time ago and it would be the height of ungratefulness if you'll leave her/him on that shed shivering with cold. Could you afford to do that?

Or..

c. The man/woman of your dreams whom you've silently cherished all your life... Are you willing to risk the only chance to be with him/her by just simply leaving him/her in that shed?

When my friend asked me these questions, I actually didn't think twice and immediately made up my mind. I chose the old lady since saving a life is more important at that time. And I don't think I could afford having in my conscience the guilt of thinking that the old lady might die coz I wasn't able to bring her to the hospital when I had the chance to do so. I further explained to my friend that perhaps my bestfriend in the story would understand coz she's been in my shoes once. She saved my life before.

And for the man of my dreams, well, I always believed in destiny. If you are really meant for each other, then the hands of fate will surely find a way for your paths to cross again...no matter how long it would take. I've already cherished him for a lifetime and maybe, it wouldn't make a much of a difference to wait for him for another lifetime...LOL.

After that long answer, my friend smiled and told me a story about a girl who got the most coveted job in one of the biggest companies in USA just because her panel of interviewers were so impressed by her answer to the question above.

Her answer was like this:

I would get out from the car and give the key to my bestfriend. I would then ask him or her to bring the old lady to the hospital and after that she/ he can go home. While I would be left in that shed together with the man of my dreams and perhaps, the two of us can walk under the rain while going home.

No comments:

Post a Comment